The big news this week is of course the Facebook IPO which is taking place today. Also some information on Apple’s renewable energy plans and the specs of Samsung’s new Galaxy S3
Facebook IPO takes place today. Mark Zuckerberg is about to become a very wealthy man. The launch price will be $38 share. If your not sure what all this means checkout this link.
A quick few stats about Facebook in Ireland. Facebook Users in Ireland :
2,121,920 Registered Users
971,960 – Male
1,114,800 – Female
35,160 – Who aren’t sure (Or more likely just keep this information private)
60,480 – who like cooking
53,300 – Who like cycling
1,000 – Who like Skydiving
180,760 – Who like eating
187,200 – Man United Fans
116,280 – Coldplay Fans
70,600 – TV3 Fans
All these stats are taken from the Facebook adverts software.
Apple have posted a new page on thier website detailing the renewable energy being used by the company’s data centres. I wonder does this have anything to do with the Greenpeace having a go at Apple earlier this month.
See the page here. http://www.apple.com/environment/renewable-energy/
Samsung Galaxy S3
The Samsung will be available from the 30th May.
Here are the key details:
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED screen
- Eight-megapixel rear camera and a 1.9-megapixel front camera
- Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android
- “S Voice” voice-recognition technology
- Face and gesture recognition
- Wireless sharing of content to other phones, TVs, tablets and PCs without need for Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection
- New picture-taking abilities, including “burst shot,” “best photo,” HDR and “recording snapshot”
- Available starting in Europe May 29, with other markets to follow
- As for the U.S., Samsung said it expects LTE and HSPA+ versions of the product to arrive in the U.S. this summer, though it didn’t announce carrier partners or exact timing.
- Storage: 16, 32 or 64 gigabytes
- Thickness: 8.6mm
- Weight: 133g
- Battery: 2,100 mAh
- Colors: Pebble Blue and Marble White